Living History
Donate to LHVW

A great tragedy.

MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
10 years ago
647 posts

While I usually do not post something of such a serious nature, I found it hard to ignore this and I feel it is important we are aware of what happened. Returning back home today, and arriving at Schiphol Airport I was overwhelmed by the enormous amount of flowers people have brought. Even if you were on vacation, as was I, it was hard to miss the news on flight MH17 departing from Amsterdam with destination Malaysia. With a flight containing 298 passengers, of which 194 Dutch people, the country has been in mourning the past week. We are a fairly small country, and so many people know someone (who know someone) who lost someone. Not to forget it includes passengers of many other nationalities, from what I have heard there were also a lot of Australians on board. What I find the worst, is the children who have passed, they were robbed from their lives, before being able to have lived it fully.

I do not want to make this a political topic, I just want us all to remember the victims, to pray and mourn for them and their families, and may they rest in peace.

3102_discussions.jpg?width=750

updated by @marielouise-harcourt: 06 Oct 2016 06:29:57AM
Ekaterina Petrovna Shuvalova
@countess-shuvalova
10 years ago
209 posts

My dearest, I have been informed of what happened. My condolences to you and your country, this is a great tragedy, and its very sad. Hugs and Kisses.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
10 years ago
313 posts

Thank you for posting this. Peace.

Jean-Matisse
@jean-matisse
10 years ago
30 posts

I am living very near to your country and we all are mourning with our neighbours...

Quecay
@quecay
10 years ago
123 posts

There is no words! a great tragedy that reminds us how in one moment can change our life.
Those days are also a very sad anniversary in my country.
All of them rest in peace and that their memory kept alive in our heart as a silent homage.
Big hug Maria.

Lady Burnstein
@lady-burnstein
10 years ago
225 posts

Preferisco parlare in italiano in questo caso, affinch possa esprimermi al meglio...

Le mie pi sincere condoglianze mia cara amica, una tragedia che si poteva evitare sicuramente e sono toccanti e commoventi le tue parole dove scrivi "What I find the worst, is the children who have passed, they were robbed from their lives, before being able to have lived it fully..." :(((

A great big hugs from me and kisses my sweet honey!

Serenya

Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
10 years ago
63 posts

My sincerest condolences :(

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
10 years ago
359 posts

Bless you, MarieLouise, for bringing this home to us.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Jeanne Adelaide de Conti
@jeanne-adelaide-de-conti
10 years ago
9 posts

A great tragedy....may they rest in peace

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
10 years ago
157 posts

Hey ML.

Very sorry for you and your neighbors and friends, and fellow countrymen. These sorts of things are not just tragic, they also are stupid and shameful, and infuriating and depressing. At the same time, they also tend to bring out the best in people -- it's unfortunate that it takes things like this to really remind us about how good and decent the majority of people can be All those flowers you saw, that was a small manifestation of that. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us.

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
10 years ago
471 posts

I am late to reading and replying tothis post. But I do remember reading about this tragedy and thinking it must be so painful for the friends and relatives they left behind.

Not to mention the lives that were cut short,some that had barely begun. Even if you didnt know anyone it affects a lot of people. I can still remember the terrorist attack that took place in my neighbour country of Norway and how shocked everyone was. Especially when it happens to a members of such a peaceful people.

How can things like this happen? Maybe it would have been easier to understand if it was an accident but when its done deliberately you are filled with such sorrow and anguish.

Hugs to you <3

Lady Mary Frances Montagu
@lady-caroline-maria-montagu
10 years ago
20 posts

I received the news a while ago and I am still very distressed and saddened. I think of all those who have lost a friend, a family member, in this tragic accident, and I am close to you. I invoke a prayer to all those people who are victims of a tragic fate. Nobody has the right to break another person's life especially when it comes to children. Now is the time that you rest in peace. Sincere condolences.