Living History
Donate to LHVW

Versailles TV Series

Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
14 years ago
263 posts
Exciting news for all fans of the 18th century! According to some 18th century blogs there will be a Versailles series produced by none other than the producer of Rome.

You can find further information here on Marie Antoinette's Gossip Guide: Click click!

I find this quite exciting since it may bring a new wave of baroque and rococo fans to SL :)
So what do you think?

updated by @anne-comtesse-de-noailles: 06 Oct 2016 06:04:29AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 years ago
1,919 posts
I saw that announcement a while back. Very exciting!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Madame Desireme Fallen
@madame-desireme-fallen
14 years ago
110 posts
OOhh...i can't wait...Rome was steamy, political, power hungry, sexy, backstabbing fun, oh wait...that sounds like Versailles. Seriously, I can't wait!!! I hope it makes it to production. To agree with you yes, it will bring a whole lot of new role players..I came to sl because of a series, that had been put on the air again...The Bucanneers..lol Look at me now..I am a courtesan, at versailles, and a princesse to boot!!!
14 years ago
263 posts
if this was facebook I would like this comment lol
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
14 years ago
647 posts
faints
Aimee Wheatcliffe
@aimee-wheatcliffe
14 years ago
51 posts
Holly mine! i had to watch it
14 years ago
263 posts
if the series is going to like that I will not even consider watching it! the dialogue is completely dumb. this must be a joke!
14 years ago
263 posts
but it says he is wearing SUNGLASSES at the beginning. it must be a joke!
Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
14 years ago
113 posts
I couldn't agree more, Madame! If it's a parody, it's not funny, and if not, it's even worse!
14 years ago
263 posts
I wouldnt find this funny either. its just plain stupid humour!
Madame Adélaïde Duchêne
@madame-adelaide-duchene
14 years ago
14 posts
Madame,I wonder why they don't create a serie only on my wonderful life.That's a shame.Avec mes salutations royales,Son Altesse Royale, Madame Adlade de France.
Aimee Wheatcliffe
@aimee-wheatcliffe
14 years ago
51 posts
It's not a joke; you can see sunglasses in some paints of the period. It was a fashion of the time, but only for people of very high classes.

About the baby, I suspect he would be Charles de Bourbon, the first son of Louise de la Vallire and Louis XIV. Born in secrecy, he died on the very short age of tow.
About the lady, I had three suspects:
.-Madame Colbert, because when the baby born, Louis XIV asked to Colbert and his wife to take care of Louise while she was pregnant.
.-Madame Beauchamp, the wife of one servant of Colbert. Because when the baby born, in order to keep the secret, Colbert order to one of his servants, Beauchamp, to rise the baby as his son.
.-Perhaps, the lady would be Louise herself.

Even when the dialogue was not the long or entertainer enough, I see more information about the series, and Versailles promises to be one of the hits of the upcoming year. I won't lose it.
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
14 years ago
647 posts
HAHAHAHAHA <333
MariaAntonia Barenhaut
@margaret-maria-lady-verney
14 years ago
125 posts
I don't know why you're laughing dear, remember what we said your own film would be about? :P xx