Living History
Donate to LHVW

Ning 3.0: Sneak Peek

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Dear Courtiers

It's early days yet but I thought you might like a sneak peek at the new Royal Courts site.

Hold on to your hats ...

Here it is ...

Royal Courts of Second Life (Beta)

.:**: .:**:

Caveats:

It's changing from one minute to the next so what you see & do now may be completely different the next time you visit.

Ning is still working on providing functionality. Events do not exist yet, neither do Photo Slide Shows, Messaging and other features that will beincluded ASAP.

A big advantage of 3.0 is that it works well with mobile devices & tablets. This also means that the content is much more streamlined and the look is much cleaner. This maygiveyouan initialshock considering the format of the current site.

Speaking of content, right now it looks like "The Tatiana Show". Sorry about that but I needed some quick test content that I didn't mind losing should something go wrong. I did try to place enough content in spots to give you a rough idea of how things would work.

I've tried to use the functions "right out of the box" with only minor CSS custom coding. I like custom coding as much as the next hacker but I hate maintaining it. This means that it could be a lot fancier but I think it will evolve as Ning catches up.

With the new ability to Categorize & the new Group functions, there is a lot of organizationwork to be done. I'll post separate discussions so we can talk about doing this.

Conditions of use for this free, sandbox site mean that we cannot accept new members at this time.

Take a look, see what you think & please come back here todiscuss it!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 20 Jan 2017 10:10:53PM
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
11 years ago
358 posts

The new NING site looks great :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Thanks for taking a look, Leena!

The look is very different so I suspect it might come as a bit of a shock and take a while to get use to.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
11 years ago
63 posts

I like it! Most of the changes appear to be cosmetic, which isn't a major problem for me :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Thanks, Nora!

By nature all of our site members are pretty computer savvy so I'm thinking it will be easy for everyone to adapt.

There are a lot of improvements under the hood and content is much easier to categorize & organize. I'm really looking forward to seeing al the content we've built up over four years slotted into the prototype. That's what will make our new house a home :)

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts
It is good to change things up now and then. Looks good!
Nicholas I of Russia
@nicholas-i-of-russia
11 years ago
1 posts

Looks awesome!

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
11 years ago
359 posts

I think we can forgive you for "The Tatiana Show" effect - if you're doing the work, you deserve to be showcased in the process, Dragonslayer!

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

I'll really be glad when we have migrated our content over as I find the Tatiana Show to be really boring. I just keep imaging how great everything is going to look when it'sactually populated with a variety of information.

On the bright side, my alter ego The Dragonslayerescaped Skyrim and got to look around a bit ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Thanks to everyone that has taken a look so far!

I'm getting impatient for the move as I really like the cleaner look and I want to start using it RIGHT NOW.

Probably a couple of months still to go though, hopefully before Christmas.

--