Living History
Donate to LHVW

BUG: Ning does not render png-formatted images correctly anymore

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Hello Everyone

Some of you have already pointed outthe "faded" photos problem to me. Seems that Ning is having problemsdisplaying png files.

See: BUG: Ning does not render png-formatted images correctly anymore

A number of tickets have already been filed and I'll keep an eye on the developments. In the meantime, loading jpg files still works well.

I'd also advise leaving your old png files just as they are as this problem will be resolved eventually.

Thanks!

P.S. A big shout out to Sofia von Essen and MarieLouise Harcourt for their help!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 05 Jan 2017 04:39:38PM
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

oops! And thank you for the heads up.

Ekaterina Vorontsova-Dashkova
@ekaterina-vorontsova-dashkova
9 years ago
300 posts
Thanks for info update Tat! I hope it will be resolved soon ^__^
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

Thank you for checking into that, I was wondering about that too :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,900 posts

Todays reply from Ning via Kos:

Thanks for writing us and apologies for the confusion. While there are known issues with darkened PNG files on both Ning 2.0 and 3.0, both of which have been escalated to our engineering team, we haven't stopped supporting PNG files. Hi there,

We've gone ahead and added StockBuz.ning.com to the list of affected networks and will follow up with you through this ticket when the issue is resolved or there is an update.

In the meantime, you should still be able to add images, though you may want to use JPG or GIF formats, as most reports of altered or darkened images we've gotten have been for images in the PNG file format.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site