Queen's Hamlet
Donate to LHVW

Smithing Challenges

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Smithing Challenges

These Smithing Challenges are open to all Queen's Hamlet Co-op Members. You must use ore & products that you've either produced yourself, purchased from a QH Member and/or purchased from the QH Co-op. You must also expend energy for all of your smithing tasks.

Please post pictures of your smithing success to verify your accomplishments.

Bronze Award

794_discussions.png?width=256

You've got both the brains and the brawn to be a blacksmith. You dream of crafting beautiful lanterns, sharp scythes and exquisite swords but first you have to start with the basics. Here's the list of requirements for the Bronze Award.

• Purchase your ownjar of Tharlarion's Oil (which is sold at cost in the Market)
  • Mine 100 pieces of iron ore
  • Using the Foundry turn 100 pieces of iron ore into 10 iron ingots
  • Using the Forge turn 1 iron ingot into Scrap Metal
  • Using the Forge turn 3 iron ingots into a Hammer
  • Using the Forge turn 4 iron ingots into a Pickaxe
  • Using the Forge turn 2 iron ingots + 1 Scrap Metal into Tongs

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 22 Oct 2016 04:48:45AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Excellent!!

Yes, conquering the kitchen really helps with smithing though all that pounding at the forge makes my head ache :)

Bronze is on the way!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
8 years ago
14 posts

Grattis!!!!

Una Lunaqat
@una-lunaqat
8 years ago
58 posts

Decided to get away from pounding out dough and standing in front of a hot stove in the kitchen, so I tried a totally different challenge, like smithing where I pounded on rock and used the blazing forge!! uh.. oh ...hmmm...

oh well. Got the bronze challenge completed! ;)
805_discussions.png?width=721

--
Una (Unalunaqat Resident)
Madame D'Qat
Ferme sur Mer (Sea View Farm), Queen's Hamlet
Villa Toscana,LL, Rocca Sorrentina
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

Been putting off this challenge because smithing kinda looked complicated and wasn't even sure where the mine was. Out of shear curiosity this week I had a good look through the other members pictures and finally managed to track it down in Provence Coeur (because asking Tat for directions just seemed too simple :p )

801_discussions.png?width=542

Got 129 pieces and dragged all of it Home before realizing I should have just gone up to the market and used the foundry straight after.

802_discussions.png?width=542

I have to admit Smithing turned out to be a lot more fun than I ever imagined.

803_discussions.png?width=542

And to make the best use of the Dinosaur Oil the smithing equipment runs off of I tried making some other stuff too. Naturally included the cute little lamp ;)

804_discussions.png?width=542

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Nice!! I'm sending you the Bronze Award - please don't melt it down to make something else ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Looks great!! Congratulations on becoming our 2nd Apprentice :)

--
Stangbo Humlan
@stangbo-humlan
8 years ago
14 posts

799_discussions.png?width=721 Now i have done the tools.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Excellent news! Smithing is so empowering!!

I'm glad you like theambience of the iron mine. It seems that every time I have to work there I throw down a few more flowers ;)

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

I got out there and mined my iron ore. Provence Coeur is probably the most pleasant iron mine in existence.

797_discussions.png?width=721

After I had just a bit over 100 pieces of iron ore, I went to the Foundry and melted the pieces into 10 iron ingots. I then worked hard at the Forge (see Firsts) to create my items, and also repair the sickle I've been using. I'm very excited to know how to use the smithing equipment!

798_discussions.png?width=721

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Congratulations to Hatsuka for completing her Blacksmith Apprenticeship and earning a Bronze Smithing Award!

See her pictures here.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

You definitely can!The RL Mike happened to see me mining away and was quite impressed. Saidthat swinging that pickaxewas bound to build up my upper body ;)

--
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
8 years ago
264 posts

Mining 100 pieces of ore does not sound very ladylike ... but if you can do it I suppose I can too!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

796_discussions.png?width=721

It was a very interesting challenge to put this all together for the Bronze Award (and the new Apprenticeship program). I learned to do things in bigger batches and some days I thought I'd never get the ringing out of my ears from all that hammering :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Smithing Champions

795_discussions.png?width=256

BRONZE:

--

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 09 Aug 2017 03:44:43PM
ardrhys
@ardrhys
7 years ago
16 posts

Phew! Hard work...

Collage.png

but rewarding.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,895 posts

ardrhys:

Phew! Hard work...

but rewarding.

Isn't it just!  Congratulations, Ardrhys!

--