Forum Activity for @tatiana-dokuchic

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
30 Mar 2014 01:42:31PM
1,931 posts

British experts say they have found London's lost Black Death graves


History

And to go with that information: Black death was not spread by rat fleas, say researchers

Evidence from skulls in east London shows plague had to have been airborne to spread so quickly

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Mar 2014 05:03:09PM
1,931 posts

Spring Clean Your Blogs: Reap the Rewards of Renewal


Bloggers' Corner

It's Spring!! It's Spring!! After a particularly trying Canadian winter I'm more than ready for this season of renewal and since Mother Nature still hasn't gotten the spring memo for my neck-of-the-woods I'm expending my new found energy on a much needed blog cleaning.

Truth be told, I really enjoy this creative process and so I thought I would share some of my enthusiasm.

First off, I'm really not talking about the little maintenance tasks that you should be doing all year round. Ensuring that your links are still working & your pictures are still posting are best dealt with on a regular basis otherwise they become a bit of a slog. If you have fallen behind, and who doesn't on occasion, you may want to take some time to get those in order before proceeding.

Now on to de-cluttering!

The older I get the more I value a well curated space be. Since this appreciation for restrained elegance is constantly at war with my natural magpie tendencies I have to compromise. I find it helps to take a step back and try to look at my blogs with fresh eyes all the while mumbling "... less is more ... less is more".

No matter how cool they are, if those gadgets & widgets are no longer highly functional & ascetically pleasing it's time to chuck them out.

Screen real estate is valuable; use it wisely while leaving room for your cherished content to breathe.

Read more .. .


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:28:07AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
28 Mar 2014 01:25:24PM
1,931 posts

Birthday Sale! - Woohoo! Jewels and Furniture.


Marketplace Archive ** CLOSED **

Happy Birthday, Delos!

May you enjoy many more :)

Thanks for celebrating with a sale!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
20 Mar 2014 02:21:19PM
1,931 posts

Assassin’s Creed: Unity To Be Set In 18th century Paris


General Discussion

Looks like I'll finally get sucked into Assassins Creed :)

Thanks for the post!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
17 Mar 2014 10:03:36AM
1,931 posts

Harpsichord recital by Andronica Llewellyn


Communty News & Events

Excellent news, Andronica! Looking forward to them :)

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 Mar 2014 06:51:27AM
1,931 posts

A Word to the Wise


Site News & Guidelines

Hello Everyone

It came to my attention yesterday (March 13th) that one of the Royal Courts members was sending out spam messages. I immediately banned her from the site.

It appears that she was sending a variety of messages including ones with "business opportunities" and "I need help - send money ..."

I know that most of us are internet-aware enough to recognize these as spam and not respond but I just wanted to post a word to the wise.

If you do receive these types of messages, please contact me as soon as possible so that I can take appropriate action.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program :)


updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:49:59AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
20 Mar 2014 12:38:34PM
1,931 posts

Shared Seas Adventurers - "Navigator" Challenge Added!


Communty News & Events

The Shared Seas of the Duch de Coeur & Rocca Sorrentina can be as treacherous as they are beautiful.

This challenge takes the adventurer through all the hazards of our fair seas armed only with his/her wits, sailing skills & a rather leaky sailboat.

See the Navigator Challenge for more details!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 Mar 2014 06:22:02PM
1,931 posts

Shared Seas Adventurers - "Navigator" Challenge Added!


Communty News & Events

Thanks for the information, Captain.

It's an area I don't really know anything about and what you're saying is very interesting. We'll have to investigate further.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
14 Mar 2014 08:34:08AM
1,931 posts

Shared Seas Adventurers - "Navigator" Challenge Added!


Communty News & Events

Thanks, Mercury!

Since the Duch is committed to being non-violent, whenever I feel the urge to slay something (or someone) I goand play Skyrim or Civilization :))

On the other hand, I'd love to see some survival-oriented challenges especially ones that involved some sort of strategy. Battling fortune, the elements & good old Mother Nature make for some interesting scenarios.

If anyone wants to help develop challenges, we'd love to put different teams together :)

We're trying to get as much variety as possible so that there is something for everyone.

About the poster - I had a lot of fun trying to find an image that would reflect the spirit of the new group. What I discovered is that it's really hard to find an appropriate"period" image that includes both men & women. Most of the pictures I found had swashbuckling pirates carrying off damsels in distress (in various states of undress).

Since I was in rather a hurry to get rolling, I went with Anne Bonney & Mary Readas in The History and Legends of Anne Bonney and Mary Read . I'm thinking that when we get established we can take a picture of our members and come up with a new poster that is more customized for us.

BTW - I owe you a Volunteer badge for helping out with the race. I'll deliver it as soon as you create your journal.

  103