Living History
Donate to LHVW

Wasn't that a Party!! ~ Thank You DECADES!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,903 posts

3405_discussions.jpg?width=750

Sending out a Great, Big,

THANK YOU

to

Everyone who Contributed

to the

Success of the

DECADES Festival

So far we've raised over L$27,000; enough to increase our donation total to ensure another year for the site here on Ning!

More importantly, DECADES is an absolutely wonderful example of people from various historical & role-play communities working together for a common goal and having a lot of fun doing it.

A special tip-of-the-hat to Freda Frostbite (Stephanie Mesler) and Lorsagne de Sade (SisterButta Resident) along with Aldo Stern, Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle, Cloee Heslop, Cuthbert Helendale, Heximer Thane, LadyFandango, Lucerius Zeffirelli, Jacon Cortes de Bexar, Merrytricks, Robijn, Serenek Timeless & Sofia Von Essen.

I'm delighted that DECADES will continue for a while longer, so we still have time to visit & explore. I'm certainly going back for another look!

Keep watching for new events as they are posted.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Jan 2017 02:21:55AM
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

It was a fantastic experience for me...and who knows where the journey goes next.

The sim will be up for at last another week....so we can all have time to explore and others from SL can discover the history in SL isn't dry and dustry "factoids", it lives as we put outselves inside the times and events recreated, imagined, made real.

Next weekend is a major holiday for people in the USA - 4th of July and Independence. Joaquim Galvez will be live on Saturday and hopefully we will have another musical live talent on Sunday. And if you didn't get to hear the custom music stream that Freda/Stephanie created for Saturday's event you missed a huge treat and maybe she can make it available this coming weekend.

It would be hard to top Freda's reading from "One Hundred Years of Solitude" or Aldo and Bajoy's recreation of the courtship of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett or Caledonia Skytower's closing reading for the day's festival but maybe they will all come back for an encore (hint hint).

A video is in the works and as soon as the filmmaker has it ready for viewing, will post the link here. I have a hunch it will blow our socks off.

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

All that, and it was fun, too! And I still need to do a proper job of exploring the aerospace area.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
9 years ago
63 posts

Congrats on reaching the donation goal!Also,I'm glad the sim will be up for a while longer, due to other obligations, I only had time to go to one event :). I attended the fashion show and it was as informative as it was an excellent show.:)

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Robijn made a beautiful exhibit of photos he took of the show and added the script text with the information about the various time periods. It's up now and will be there until the closing.

Go back and see all the other wonderful exhibits...Merry Chase's House of Cards, Hex's Air and Space Museum, Jacon's Dwellings and on and on.

Ekaterina Vorontsova-Dashkova
@ekaterina-vorontsova-dashkova
9 years ago
300 posts

It was an absolute pleasure to contribute to the festival. Such a shame I wasn't available on the day of the festival itself on Saturday (due to travels) :< But I am sure it was a blast anyway. Thanks for Stephanie and Lorsagne, among many-many people involved, for bringing the idea into (virtual) reality! =D

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Sofia,

It was! I want every single one of the hats you included in your exhibit!

The sim will be open until next Tuesday, with a farewell to the Festival sim party over the weekend. For me, I will miss all the exhibits, the gardens, the buildings, the music, the cultural and in voice performances, the models on the runway, the fire of cannons and thrum of airplanes and even the little white weasel scurrying in and out of the bushes until they reappear next time in whatever form and place.

The Decades festival wasn't the ultimate destination, all the current and future historical RP and education sims and related events are. Decades is just one gateway to those communities and interests.

Sister

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

If you find yourself desperately missing the weasels, my dear Mlle. de Sade, we have a healthy plague of them in the grove near our villa in Mont Saint Bruno. They are not white, but they are every bit as lively (having been scripted by the same hand.)

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Our weasels may be kin....they do get around..smile. And they have the effect of keeping the mice population under control....passing ships are always leaving mice in their wake.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

It was a wonderful experience and thank you for letting me be a part of it. Especially Sister for letting me play with all of her plants and trees, LOL.

A huge shout out to Sister and Freda for organizing such a great event :D

The collaboration between everyone was great to see and I really feel that the historical community is the best in SL.

Please forgive my departure for the closing events as some things have come up and I need to focus on real life for now.

Take care all and cheers,

Leena :)

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Leena,

You were missed at today's closing concert. Joaquin's music was wonderful, Secret Rage's THREE videos were (and are) stunning, and the champagne flowed (thanks to Lady Sere). The three toasts

1. To all the builders and performers who joyously transformed a blank canvas into a world and experience that no single eye could have either envisioned or created;

2. To friendships made and friendships deepened; and

3. To absent friends in RL and SL. Our pasts. Our present. Our futures.

The pixels of DECADES were/are beautiful. But ultimately, it is about the very real connections we have all made...and that NING helps us to expand and nurture.

And I will now shut up and get out the nursery cans to hold all those trees, bushes and shrubs that soon will go back to inventory.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

The links to Secret Rage's amazing, incredible DECADES videos just out and screened at today's very wonderful concert:

- DECADES: The Place

- DECADES: The Fashions

- DECADES: Wonderful People