Living History
Donate to LHVW

Fètes galantes 2016: A fancy dress evening in the Hall of Mirros

Leopoldina
@leopoldina
8 years ago
280 posts

150601versailles091-site.jpg?itok=soIATQ2L

Do you dream of reliving the refined and artistic atmosphere of the evening entertainments organized by King Louis XIV, dressed in a costume similar to those worn during Versailles finest periods?

Would you like to try baroque dancing and learn with the best dancers? What about performing a magnificent dance with them in the Hall of Mirrors? Would you like to go from the intimate music of a baroque drawing room to the religious atmosphere of the Chapelle Royale, after passing through the Salon dHercule, where dancers are celebrating the minuet?

The second edition of the Versailles Ftes Galantes will delight you in every way!

During this exceptional evening, the most beautiful rooms of the palace will open their doors for an evening inspired by the glorious times of the Sun King, for your enjoyment and with the finest fare. You will also have access to the private apartments: the Kings, Madame de Pompadours or called Mesdames, Louis XVs six daughters.

Dear Courtiers, Versailles awaits you, dressed in your finest, to enjoy this unique evening; expect refinement and surprises

DRESS CODE

Come dressed in a quality baroque costume, which you should already be wearing when entering the gates of the Palace (all guests must find their costume themselves). No access will be granted to anyone not respecting the appropriate dress code.

CHOOSE YOUR FORMULA!

Marquis and Marchioness ticket (from 135)
Free access to all sketches and demonstrations, 2 activities of your choice, a glass of champagne, cloakroom and parking in the Court of Honor.

Dukes and Duchesses ticket (from 260)
Free access to all sketches and demonstrations, 2 activities of your choice, staged visit of exceptional rooms, unlimited access to buffet and champagne bar, priority cloakroom and parking in the Court of Honor.

Kings and Queens ticket (from 370)
Privileged and personalized VIP welcome from 7pm, private visit of the Opera Royal, free access to all sketches and demonstrations, 2 activities of your choice, staged visit of exceptional rooms, unlimited access to buffet with reserved table, champagne, priority cloakroom and parking in the Court of Honor from 6. 30pm.

[SOURCE & MORE INFO]

updated by @leopoldina: 05 Jan 2017 04:56:20AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,905 posts

Now wouldn't this be cool!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lady Mary Tudor
@lady-mary-tudor
8 years ago
2 posts

What a wonderful event! I really like to go!

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
8 years ago
358 posts

In a word ..... wow ..... how incredibly fantastic this would be.

Jane Ixtar
@jane-ixtar
8 years ago
115 posts

Nods ... give me two years .. I've been learning early dancing in preparation.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

I must call the dance master . . . . and my Parisian jeweler.