Living History
Donate to LHVW

Relief Aid Extended

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
11 years ago
204 posts

2519_discussions.jpg?width=750

Oursea-side communityhas heard from a reliable source your beautiful region ofLanguedoc has been utterly torn to shreds due to an unleashing from Mother Nature. We have nocomprehension how many residents, merchants and carriage horseswere able tosafely flee, butconsidering the reportdelivered to us,we expect it will be some time before the damage can be assessed and plans made to rebuild.

2520_discussions.jpg?width=750

Weadvise that at this very moment, we are preparingthe empty room we havein the Villa Vesuviana for individuals and families needing temporary housing, with food being prepared to be laid out in thenearby dining room. We have alerted our local fishermen, baker, gardener, apiarist, vintnerand barista to be prepared to meet the needs of many over the next while. Our Mediterranean waters and sea-salt breezes are renowned to promote healing of body, mind, and spirit.

Understandably transportation will need to be arranged for those well enough to make the journey, and we have undertaken togive directionto the sailing masters for co-ordination.

Wesincerely hope we may assist many of you in your time of great need.

La Rocca Sorrentina

updated by @candace-ducatillon: 23 Oct 2016 12:14:48AM
Jean-Matisse
@jean-matisse
11 years ago
30 posts

I would like to offer my pavillon to the refugees of Longuedoc...

Alessandra di Fiorentino-Conti
@alessandra-di-fiorentino-conti
11 years ago
205 posts
I would like to support these noble gestures, with a room in my appartment in Rocca Sorrentina and with the providing of food and clothing for the ones who need it. I include the people of Languedoc in my prayers....
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

This offer of aid fromour good friends and neighbours certainly lifts our spirits!

Weare indeedfortunate to belong to a larger community that does not hesitate to lend a hand where needed.

We are also fortunate that we had enough prior warning so that all residents (including the four legged ones) made it to safety. I believe the only injurieswhich may have occurred were to the storm chasers and these were only minor in nature.

It was quite a task moving all the precious volumes from the Bibliotheque de Coeur (library) but book-lovers know no bounds when it comes to preserving their treasures. The merchants were also quick in making their way to new shops in Aquitaine and Provence.

A bit of sunshine is starting to peep out of the clouds and the real clean-up effort can begin today in earnest.

And speaking of sunshine, after this kind invitation, I'mplanning to take full advantage of the warmth of Rocca Sorrentina to balance out my own relief work efforts. I can already feel my cares melting away just thinking about it ...

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Contessa Elena Marina Foscari
@contessa-elena-marina-foscari
11 years ago
49 posts

There is plenty of room at my villa Torbiato.....all refugees are welcome. It is inland, so safe from the ravages of the sea.

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
11 years ago
157 posts

Donna Tatiana,

It is gratifying to hear that by the Grace of God, no one was badly hurt in this epic disaster. It is nothing short of a miracle. We have every confidence that the industrious and clever people of Languedoc Coeur will recover and rebuild quickly, but if respite is required, our offer of assistance and temporary housing stands. We also will be holding a prayer service with the good father Helendale on this Thursday at 4:00 PM SLT in the Church of San Valentino on Rocca Sorrentina, both to pray for the relief of the suffering of Languedoc, but also to give thanks for the blessing that no one no one was seriously injured.

Hopefully some of your people will be able to attend.

With all good wishes for the future,

your most obedient servant,

Don Aldo Stern

Capt. Lucerius Zeffirelli
@capt-lucerius-zeffirelli
11 years ago
14 posts

As a gesture of goodwill to the people of Languedoc, the Benevolent Knights Order of the White Wolf will send three of its fastest ships to provide passage between Rocca Sorrentina and Languedoc for all in need.

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
11 years ago
204 posts

We welcome thisnews Sir Zeffirelli ! And to the many who haveoffered to openup your homes, weremain ever-so-grateful ~

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
11 years ago
157 posts

millie grazie, Signore.

Isn't it nice how things work out? well, other than that whole epic natural disaster thing to start with...

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
11 years ago
359 posts

I will send a shipment of coffee immediately to La Rocca from Ile MarieGalante; I am sure the refugees will be in need of a reviving brew.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
11 years ago
204 posts

A quick early morning perusal of the Villa V's Dining Room showed me that the preparations are complete to welcome any visitors who are on their way to revive themselves following the recent times of weather inflicted devastation and upheaval in Languedoc. We look forward to receiving you, and trust that you will be able to stay long enough to partake in the Prayer Service being held in our Church on Thursday - a font of blessing for your return journey to your rebuilt homes. 2521_discussions.jpg?width=721 http://Rocca Sorrentina, Villa Vesuviana, Westphalia (193, 201, 45) - Moderate

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,903 posts

Looks wonderful!!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lady Aphrodite Macbain
@lady-aphrodite-macbain
11 years ago
27 posts

Beatrice, Hestia and myself will prepare sandwiches and coffee for those poor refugees who land on our shores. There are also vegetables and salad in the garden and apples on our tree and I know there is some grappa under the counter for those who need warming up and calming down. I believe we have blankets and dry clothing that can also be distributed. I look forward to be able to help in any way I can..