Living History
Donate to LHVW

Artemisia Gentileschi Exhibit

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Artemisia Gentileschi and her heroic women in the Baroque.

This work is dedicated to the seventeenth-century Italian painter Artemisia Gentileschi. (Rome, July 8, 1593 - Naples, circa 1654)

Her work narrates the stories of women struggling against the prejudices of their time.
It is an exhibition of paintings and also an exhibition of women's personalities.
Intelligent, brave, heroic, mothers. Pictures starred by women, in which action and courage are revealed as a general rule.

It means that the women portrayed in the canvases: strong and suffering, heroines, victims, warriors, female characters from both the Bible and mythology from a new perspective, that of a woman.

In second floor of City Hall "Antiquity Spain" 

This even will run for the next few weeks.  Please come by and have a look at this wonderful and timely exhibit.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20VanDiemens%20Land/33/36/25

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
7 years ago
359 posts

Thank you, Jacon. I will certainly drop by, and will try to make it a Times editorial visit - fingers crossed, as I've almost given up on the notion of non-work writing time.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
7 years ago
1,894 posts

Count me in!  I love Artemisia Gentileschi and have been fortunate enough to see some of her work in RL.  She figures prominently in my Chasing Judith ~ Finding Caravaggio :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Mansur Marawi
@mansur-marawi
7 years ago
62 posts

Awesome! I cross-posted this at the valley, too, so I hope you'll get a bit of traffic from Egypt.

--
Owner, the NEW Larl Valley:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hunters%20XXX/168/64/22
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
7 years ago
252 posts

Thank you all....Admiral Avril and Dona Lilah ...along with Alcalde Letxon have done a wonderful job..and this exhibit could not have come at a better time with all that is happening

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Ekaterina Petrovna Shuvalova
@countess-shuvalova
7 years ago
209 posts

What a delightful exhibit. It was a pleasure to view it. I'm quite a fan of Artemisia.

I came across her from a very IMPRESSIVE 3 part documentary about "The Story of Women and Art" by Professor Amanda Vickery. In episode one, about 31:30 minutes into episode one, they discuss Artemisia for a bit. Its a great documentary, I encourage viewing it.