Living History
Donate to LHVW

Royal Courts Ning: ♥ 2012 Fundraiser ♥ Mission Accomplished!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Hello Royal Court Courtiers

As many of you know, this siteuses the Ning Plus subscription package which we pay on an annual basis, the next renewal date being July 21, 2012.As far as I know right now, Ning Pluswillcost us $239.90this year (or $24.95 a month) which is approximately L$62,500 depending on exchange rates.

We've had a great start raising the funds for this year as noted in the post Royal Courts Ning Supporters: New Feature for our 2012 Fundraiser . Many thanks to those that have already contributed!

We still have a way to go before meeting the subscription cost for this year. As noted the renewal date is July 21but I will needsome lead time before that date to convert the L$ and cash them out.

If we don't raise the full amount for the annual subscription, there is a montly subscription but it will cost us a total of $60 more for the year.

Donations are now being accepted inworld at the Coeur Fairgrounds . Look for the big Royal Courts sign in the south-west corner & "Pay it" to donate.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Tatiana

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 06 Oct 2016 06:49:59AM
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

RC Supporters 2012: TotalContributed L$35,769 - Total Remaining L$26,731

Louise Adlade de Bourbon
Constance-lisabeth de Bonzac
Lady Candace Ducatillon d'Acadie
Leena Fandango
Nora Clementine Fernsby
Lady Bluebird of Orkney
Quecay
MarieLouise Harcourt
Lord Myron de Verne
Charlotte-Jeanne de Gramont
Madame Victoire
Mercury Gandt
Maria Luisa of Naples and Sicily
Charlotte-Martine de Gramont
Sophia Trefusis
Contessa Elena Marina Foscari
Madame Desireme Fallen
Pekel Panacek
Comte de Vaudreuil
Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
Trasgo Beaumont
Marie-Antoinette d'Autriche
Kashmir Yves-Masselin
Marie-Isabelle de Tancarville
JoanDarc Ninetails
Mau Delarosa

Thank you everyone :))

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Merci beaucoup!

Delos Helstein
Skye Varriale

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

With 29days remaining:

Number of Dontations: 30

Total Contributed: L$38,769 (US$156.96)

TotalRemaining: L$23,731 (US$82.94)

--
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
12 years ago
359 posts

Now I need someone to nag me about remembering to visit the fairgrounds!

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

LOL - Here's the "nag for the day" ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

28 Days remaning.

Many thanks!

Aldo Stern

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

With26 days left until our subscription expires we need L$21,731 more to afford an annual subscription.

Thanks to our latest Supporter!

Jacon Cortes

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Here's the bump for day 25!

My thought for the day, if you are a SL Merchant that is using Royal Courts to promote your products please consider making a contribution to support the site.

Many thanks to those Merchants that have already done so!

I'm considering placing a new restriction on advertising, limiting posts in the Marketplace category to those people that are RC Supporters. Your thoughts on this?

--
Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
12 years ago
263 posts

I think this is a brilliant idea!After all this website offers many acclaimed designers as well as start ups a great platform to advertise their goods...for free!

It should not always be taking without giving!

Quecay
@quecay
12 years ago
123 posts

Time is passing and we are far to the required amount.

No need to remember how useful RC is to merchants to show their new items for free and that this site is perfect to everybody can know "what is happening today?" in our loved baroque world. So, it requires the collaboration of all usual members.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Here's the bump for day 21!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

With17days remaining:

Number of Dontations: 31

Total Contributed:$40,769 (US$165.05)

TotalRemaining: L$21,731 (US$74.84)

Unfortunately it looks like we might notraise enough money for an annual subscription. If that is the case, I will use the money that has been donated to pay for monthly subscriptions which will cost us 20% more on a per month basis. Right now we have enough to keep going for approximately 6 more months.

Many thanks to all of you that have already supported Royal Courts for 2012!

In comparison to last year we have just about the same number of donorsand I believe the global economy has made us all a bit more mindful of our spending. With 704 active members it would be nice to see a few more people helping out so that we could spread the cost.

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
12 years ago
647 posts

I hope we'll make it!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Just a quick note to say that I'm actually on RL vacation at the moment & so I will update the supporter lists etc when I return. Thanks!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Days Left 7 - TotalContributed L$51,551- Total Remaining L$10,949

Merci Beaucoup!

MarieLouise Harcourt
Frederic-Louis de Tancarville
Summer Serendipity
Stormy Panacek
MarieLouise Harcourt
Teja Swashbuckler
OFlaherty Dreadlow

As I'm just back from vacation, I still need to triple check this information. I will make adjustments if necessary.

--
Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
12 years ago
113 posts

NOW COME ON, who ever heard of pinchpenny courtiers?

Be good roleplayers: show off your money, just as they did! play the big spenders! I don't know, borrow from the bank... increase your county taxes, charge your peasants! or try a new roleplay attitude: be unselfish and generous! ( you'll see it feels good)... but get this wallet out of your justaucorps or purse!

Otherwise, I will challenge to duel each and everyone of the 650 so called courtiers who did not contribute, and squeeze the last drop of blood out of them...orbetter the last penny. Be careful! I have all the names and you're easy to recognize, now, without this crown in your profile pic. From now on you will live forever in FEAR: I might be there, in the dark, behind the street corner, sword in hand, waiting for you....

( well, maybe I overdid it a little... :-) let's cool off... but the clock is ticking... HURRRY UP AND MOVE TO THE COEUR FAIRGROUNDS ! 650 courtiers in a few days is a lot, and there will be a looooong queuein frontof the NING sign, if you don't go there right now!

Thanks to all who willdonate!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Please see the OP:

As noted the renewal date is July 21but I will needsome lead time before that date to convert the L$ and cash them out.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

TotalContributed L$58,551- Total Remaining L$3,949

Thank you very much!

Lord Myron de Verne
Aldo Stern
Comte de Vaudreuil

Given today's total I'm going to go aheadand renewthe annual subscription which will save us 20% over the monthly one. As mentioned in Royal Courts Ning Supporters: New Feature for our 2012 Fundra... .donationswill beaccepted throughout the year so hopefully any shortfall will be made up during that time. This being the case, I will also stop the countdown(whew ... what a relief) :))

Many thanks to all who contributed!! A tip of the hat tothose that made multiple donations.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

You are most welcome, Comte. Thank you for all of your support :)

--
Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
12 years ago
113 posts

Well, I am glad for us all, Tatiana, and also for you: no more counting the coins by the tablecorner at night... 56751 L$, 56752L$, 56753L$... ( the phone rings, you answer , and)

"-OMG, where was I ? I have to start counting all over again..."

We owe you so much, and it can't be measuredwith Lindens only !

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

How did you know that was how I was counting those L$, Myron ;)

It got really difficult when I went away on vacation because I had to leave my abacus behind (i.e. there was very limited computer access). I think I have it all sorted out now though.

Thank you for your kind words and also for all of your support. It's truly appreciated!

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
12 years ago
647 posts

Phewiieee! I'm happy the money is in! It was close!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

I'm happy too, Marie Louise. Thank you so much for your generosity!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

TotalContributed L$61,051- Total Remaining L$1,449

Thank you very much!

Maria Luisa
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi

--
Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

Well done, Tatiana. Glad it has worked out. Will the donation panel be left up in the same place for us to make contributions throughout the year?

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

I'm delighted to report that we've met our annual subscription for the year!

Merci beaucoup

Lady Bluebird of Orkney
Joseph Marie Terray

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,903 posts

Thank you, Aldo. Thanks also for all your support :)

Yes,for the first timeI am going to keep the donations open throughout the year. Now that we have met the 2012 goal, I will zero out the total on the donation panel and we can start collecting for 2013.

My hope is that this willhelp to increasethe actual number of contributors and thereby reduce the burden onour regularsupporters when it comes down to the actual renewal time.

--
Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

Very good. I think that's a splendid idea, spreading it out through the year. Perhaps some of us can periodically provide some reminders in a fun sort of way. I can envision getting into some wagers (cards? fencing? water polo?) with Signor de Verne and Signor Gandt in which the winner then puts his winnings into the donation pot.

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
12 years ago
113 posts

Interesting Idea, indeed, Professore!

Except that if I substract my inevitable losses in card games to my possible winnings in Fencing, there will not be much left for the donation...As to water polo, I'd love to, but my horse Sultan refuses to swim.

Anyhow, we'll find a way... every court should have fundraisers like these to the benefit of the NIng fundraising!