Market
Donate to LHVW

Small Release of 2 Gowns +1 ~Trefusis Designs~

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts

A little release of two gowns. I hope people will like it^^

To get to my Melioria shop you have to tp 2 times,one time to get to the sim another to go to the shop

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Westphalia/128/128/41

also at SL Marketplace

-Avien- Rococo Gown- 500 L1066_discussions.jpg

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/51960

Sincerely Sophia Trefusis

~Cremisi~ ca 1760s Court Gown

Cremisi means "crimson" in italian.

Inspired by 1760s court gowns especially those worn by Louis XVs daughters .The scarf thingy is something Ive seen in a lot of 18th century portraits of that period.

Anyone know what the name for thisgarmentis? It would be most helpful.

1067_discussions.png?width=750

~Cygnet~ Robe de Francaise

Another name beginning with a C ^^ Purelyunintentional I swear! I wanted to make something quite ethereal looking and refined.

1068_discussions.jpg?width=750

updated by @sophia-trefusis: 06 Oct 2016 01:58:51PM
Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
13 years ago
192 posts

Fabulous gowns!

I think the scarf-thingie may be called a 'tucker', which was generally a scarf that could be used either to cover the decolletage demurely, or draped around it alluringly!

In Gainsborough's portrait of Mary Countess Howe you can see that her tucker is pulled right up to her chin - Michelle Pfeiffer has a similar high-tucked tucker in Dangerous Liaisons.

http://www.andrewgrahamdixon.com/article_images/Mary%20Countess%20Howe,%20by%20Thomas%20Gainsborough.jpg

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts

Thank you West^^

Yes that might be it,so far its the only solid info abouta name that I have.

Coincidentally that Gainsborough painting I happened to catch on Midsomer Murders the other day.It was just hanging there in the background!.....yes im a geek lol

Anne, Comtesse de Noailles
@anne-comtesse-de-noailles
13 years ago
263 posts

SMALL RELEASE? what an understated statement for such incredible designs :P

thumbs up and we want more MORE!

:-*

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
13 years ago
113 posts

Thumbs up, Madame? THUMBS UP?????

Are you forgetting yourself, or is it the new Etiquette during Versailles' reconstruction?

I can understand that Sophia's creations make you lose your head, but...THUMBS UP?!?!

Oh my....

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
13 years ago
113 posts

Sorry, Madame, I should certainly have not have used the words ' lose your head' ( shivers in retrospect).

Ahem, let's rather say 'lose your mind'.

13 years ago
263 posts

Iam not sure what "thumbs up" means in your language monsieur. In mine and in the english language it surely means "I like this" or even "please do more". At least that is the modern meaning. maybe you are alluding to its meaning in the roman era or the middle ages? I surely wasn't meaning that.

if I was a roman empress I would definetely say THUMBS DOWN for sophia. I would rather die than having to cope with her loss and ...the loss of HER GOWNS

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
13 years ago
113 posts

Well, I was just surprised tovisualizethe Comtesse de Noailles, with her more than perfect bearing, raising her two thumbs up ( and winking?)

So unlady-like, so NOT you!

But I must admit I understood too late that in your mind it was intended to be the gesture of a Roman Empress....I will stop here, this is not the place to distract attention from the wonderful gowns of Sophia, especially for a matter of thumbs only:-)

Lord Myron de Verne
@lord-myron-de-verne
13 years ago
113 posts

Dear Lady Sophia,

the fashion of small triangular silk -orNetherlands linen-mouchoirs or scarfs, covering Ladies shouldersand breast ( without hiding them completely, of course) began in France in 17th century, and lasted to a lesser extent throughout 18th century. It received the delicious ( in french) name of 'gorgerette', a diminutive of 'gorge',a name which was then in use for a woman's breast.

Phonetically, the word 'gorgerette' should be pronounced like a mixture of 'gorgeous' and ' right' ( very approximately) :-)))

Quote:

" C'est ton sein dont la gorgerette

me devoile la blanche chair..."

(Albert Glatigny)

Emilie Juliette de Gramont
@emilie-juliette-de-gramont
13 years ago
15 posts
Ah, Madame Sophia...that shop under my home...a perpetual temptation to which give the only reasonable end: surrender :)
Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts

Youre a fountain of knowledge!

Yes that seems like a more probable answer.Been pondering this for a while.

Ive not seenanyone else make them..so maybe not so popular in theSL 18th century sims....I like them anyway^^

Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts
Thank you for your sweet words...^^ I hope the customers to the shops dont keep you up at night with their patter of feet? lol
Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts
More is coming sooner than you think Comtesse...Might add to this post...
Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts

Thank you for your praise Contessa ^^ There was no other way to go than bold red for that one.

Also Im glad people are coming up with things it could be...it could bea sort of fichu perhaps hmmm@_@

Joan Claremont
@joan-claremont
13 years ago
363 posts
They are all beautiful but I love the last addition "Avien." It has a garden feel ...love that ;)
Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
13 years ago
192 posts
Ah, I believe Madame la Contessa was wearing Avien at my ball this past Sunday! I remember admiring the detail of the lace trim on the skirt. Most fetching!
13 years ago
15 posts
No noise problem, Madame: it's easy to forgive others the same little sin that affects us continually :)
Sophia Trefusis
@sophia-trefusis
13 years ago
471 posts
You have a good memory Prince ...lol ...and thank you *curtsies*
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
13 years ago
264 posts

I *am* surprised, though, that Mlle d'Ordoigne did not hear the great SNARFLE as I inhaled all three gowns at once!!

Sadly, I discovered, they cannot all be worn at once. Or, more properly, they could be, sort of, but then at least two would not be show to greatest advantage. Sra la Contessa, I expect a resolution to this problem post-haste!!

(Hee hee joking, just exuberant as I love them and they are so pretty and look pretty on!! Hoorah!)

13 years ago
263 posts
The duchesse de rochefort always looks like she is wearing several wigs at once. Thats not a tat better.
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
13 years ago
647 posts

*speachless*

Gorgeous, Sophia ;-)

13 years ago
15 posts

Don't be surprised, Madame :) I didn't hear and if I did, you had my complete, understanding absolution...XD

MariaAntonia Barenhaut
@margaret-maria-lady-verney
13 years ago
125 posts
If only these had been released before the ball so I could have had something to wear! But that tends to happen. Nevertheless, Jean! We need a ball so I can wear one of these gowns to it!
MariaAntonia Barenhaut
@margaret-maria-lady-verney
13 years ago
125 posts
Oh hush!