Market
Donate to LHVW

The French Pavilion

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

I have to say that I've never been so happy to release a product. This one holds a very special place in my heart!!

The French Pavilion - My SL Virtual Rendition

As recounted inmy postregarding the real life (RL) version, ( Petit Trianon: The French Pavilion RL )the French Pavilion ( le pavillon franais ) was designed by the Louis XVs chief architect Ange-Jacques Gabriel at the instigation of Madame Pompadour. This miniature palace was intended as a summer gaming room with an attached salon frais or summer dining room. Thirty years later, Marie Antoinette would also use it for private concerts given by lantern light.

Myvirtual re-creation of the French Pavilion for Second Life was true labour of love. It took me almost three months to painstakingly create the textures and to piece together all of those 45 degree angled walls!

The floor plan is as close to the original as was practical for Second Life . I did take some liberties with the one room which is supposed to be divided by an interior wall to create a separate wash closet and caf as it was just too small a space to be useful. I also substituted a lighter rendition of the inlaid marble floor as the original seemed just too dark for my modern taste (my apologies to Gabriel!).

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 12 Jan 2017 04:32:38PM
Quecay
@quecay
13 years ago
123 posts

Congratulations Tatiana. It seems perfect !!

You are a designer with a great sensitivity which we can appreciate in all your works.

I feel very fortunate living in such a unique place

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Thanks Stormy :))

Doesn't a concert by lantern light sound heavenly!! Baharat and I have talked about hosting concerts in the pavilion, we're stilldeciding on just the right one especially now that it is officially open.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Thank you, Vicomte. I did "sweat the details" as they say - lol.

As far as scale goes, I did build this bigger than RL as I do with all my SL creations.

Building scale in SL is something that I've really studiedover the 4 years I've been here and I find it a most fascinating subject. If you would like to start a forum discussion about this I would love to participate as well has hear the views of others.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts
Merci beaucoup, Madame :)) I'm so glad to hear that you are a frequent visitor.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Thank you so much for your kind words, Quecay :))

I'm particularly pleased that you like the pavilionsinceyou have to look at it every day from your front window! It was always my dream to place it in the correct spot in the French Gardens so I'm glad that it's done.

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
13 years ago
647 posts

This looks great! As in really great!

Will you allso finish the Petit Trianon completely one day? I so hope you do, since it allready looks so pretty from the outside :)

Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
13 years ago
264 posts

(sigh) sooooo wonderful, I love love love. Though (and this WOULD be a great discussion) I might have to "stretch" it down, if your perms allowed it, we rescaled Versailles and I incidentally moved my camera ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Getting-Better-Camera-Placement-In-the-SL-Viewer/m-p/714307#M10 ) and now I have to "life-size" everything!!

I agree with Madame Milneaux, it is one of my favorite places in SL, and despite my lovely view over Versailles from my attic apartments, I miss living in the Jardin Francais ...

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Thanks!

The Petit Trianon is my SL guilty pleasure :)) I work on it as a hobby and probably spend more time actually researching it than I do building. I've learned all kinds of interesting things about it! I do hope to finish it one day but in the meantime I'm just enjoying the journey.

--
Nora Clementine Fernsby
@nora-clementine-fernsby
13 years ago
63 posts
Just visited today,it's wonderful :)
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Merci beaucoup, Constance. We miss youdans le jardin aussi :))

Prim wise, it would probably be possible to shrink the pavilion. The window glass would have to be upsized first but, on the other hand, there should be no problem with the larger prims now that 64m are allowed. Fitting those 45 degree angled pieces back together would be a real pain though!

The thing is I don't believe that it would really be usable if it was RL sized. The interior of the cabinet roomsis only about 3m x 4m in RL which is on the edge even for Penny Patton (the evangelist of RL scaling in SL). Too me, usability dictates scale and always will. Like you say, it's an interesting discussion!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Thank you, Klara. I'm glad that you could visit :)

--
Sir Thomas Cave
@sir-thomas-cave
13 years ago
145 posts

Yet again my lady, hats off to you. I have visited this in world, and also read more on it on your blog. Very interested, it's style, design, use. I wouldn't mind getting an invitation to dinner, or aprivateconvert here, it's yet another little jewel often over looked.

-Duc de La Vauguyon

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts
Thank you for the kind words and for the visit. The next time we are hosting an event there I will be sure to invite you :)

--
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
13 years ago
358 posts
This is amazing .... what a beautiful job you did! I am constantly in awe about what builders can do in here:-)
Henri Louis Marie de Rohan
@henri-louis-marie-de-rohan
13 years ago
192 posts

After a long time away from the courts and SL in general, I finally managed to visit this build over the weekend. It is simply (or rather, not so simply) stupendous. I was absolutely bowled-over by everything, and as always the decoration was sublime - both your own furniture, Tat, and the choice pieces from other SL creators.

Bravo! When I come into my inheritance (or rather, RL paycheck) I shall be investing!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts
Thank you, Miss Elizabeth :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
13 years ago
1,895 posts

Welcome back to the courts & SL!!

Thank you for stopping by the pavilion, I'm so glad that you liked it. As I've said, this project really was a lot of fun :))

--