Living History
Donate to LHVW

Update on Buckingham Palace

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Greetings and Salutations

As many of you know, myself and a dedicated and very Buck weary team have been working on Buckingham Palace for over 3 years now. Most, me sometimes included, thought this day would never come. But today, I am please to announce that Buckingham Palace is in the process of being linked and packed for its move to its final location in the forest of Antiquity in the next couple of weeks.

This project has been massive. If it were not for the expert help and support of Master Builders and Texturers, Prince Crotian Egerton de Bexar and Princess Twelfthnight Egerton de Bexar, this would never have been completed. My heart goes out to both of them, as thanks is not enough. I would also like to thank all the Admins and Residents of Antiquity, for all their support during this long process. The Admins have kept things going while we were tucked away building. Thank you so much, your the best. I also have others that have helped me along the way, King Louis Francis de Beauharnois of the Kingdom of Florin for his support and gifts, furniture, chandeliers for the palace. His Excellency Leandro Malaspina for the throne, furniture sets and fireplace, which are impeccable if I may say. Maria Antonia von Wittelsback (Yoohoo !) for the original floorplan we used and MarieLouise Harcourt for her imput. Nonna Hedges for the wonderful fireplaces, Charlotte-Josephine de Amboise's research of the art collection of George III and many others who helped push and prod us to completion.

Our primary goal was to make a basic representation of Buckingham. What we achieved was a variation of the major state rooms. We only knew what a few of the rooms looked like as there are no photos of the interior of the palace. They are very limited. So we attempted to create something close to what we could find. We also combined some rooms and eliminated others that would have been too small and useless for our goal.

Recreated Rooms: Grand Entry, Grand Hall, Grand Staircase, Guard Room, Green Drawing Room, Throne Room, Grand Gallery, White Drawing Room, Music Room, Blue Drawing Room, State Dining Room, East Gallery, Indian Room, Asian Room, Chinese Dining Room, Yellow Drawing Room, Bow Room, 1844 Room and eventually the Chapel which is not completed yet. There are also a few rooms that are variations of Carlton House.

I will be updating as we go along and will announce the grand opening date when we are settled in the next few weeks. Below, please have a look at some of the rooms. Hope you like it.

3406_discussions.png

3407_discussions.png

3408_discussions.png

About the Palace and why we chose this one. Five years ago, when I took over with my brother as owners of Antiquity, we sat down and discussed ways to build Antiquity up. One of the big losses, when we took over, was the loss of King George III, Buckingham House and the London township. We decided to bring back the British Court to Antiquity and for that we needed a place to house it. Buckingham was the obvious choice and we settled on the 1837 version of the Palace, as designed by John Nash for King George IV and finished by King William IV. This version of the Palace is U shaped with the Marble Arch as the entry. It was to be a simple project. Simple. Three years later we now have a new palace in Antiquity. This does not replace the London we had, but I hope its a first step to developing it anew. Yay.

Thank You.

Jacon Cortes de Bexar

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB

updated by @jacon-cortes-de-bexar: 11 Jan 2017 01:45:43AM
wiseboyqc
@louis-francis-de-beauharnois
9 years ago
34 posts
Congratulations dear cousin for all your amazing work on this gigantic project. I wish Antiquity the best of luck with this new court and stunning Palace. I'll be more the. Happy to see the surrounding gardens you'll add to it ;) big hugs and thumbs up!!!
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Thank you Cousin..you were a big help and support...I really do appreciate it so much.......*huggs*

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
9 years ago
313 posts

Congratulations, Kudos and just plain WOW! I cannot wait to put on my traveling clothes and visit.

Craутon T. Cavιℓℓ
@celestin-gouffier-de-bonnivet
9 years ago
46 posts

Great news !! and congratulations to you all ... Looking forward to visit it soon !!!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
9 years ago
1,904 posts

What a grand project! Looking forward to visiting!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

thank you so much. For a while there I was not sure we would ever get it done. I look forward to you visiting and would be happy to give you a personal tour of the palace.

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Thank you Sir, we are very excited about getting it into place so we can allow people to visit as soon as possible. We look forward to you visiting as well...:)

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Thank you so much Tatiana. It has been a much bigger project then what I envisioned. But, I am sure your familiar with....oh ya..should be simple.....turning into....dang...what did i get myself into...lol

Look forward to giving you a tour Tatiana..:)

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Thank you so much....:)

--
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
9 years ago
358 posts

The palace looks wonderful Your Highness. No doubt it's a lovely build just like the building exhibit at the Decades Festival. Kudos :))

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
9 years ago
359 posts

Being a tactile and visual person, one of the great delights for me has been watching the texturizing of the whole piece. As some of you will have noticed via the embroidered inserts of her delightful Edwardian tea-gown designs, Twelfthnight has a remarkable talent for bringing to life the beauties of antique artisanerie within the Second Life context (and Crotian and Jacon have decided knacks in that line, too!)

Over the past months I've found myself dropping by the build just to bask in the wallpapers. The chinoiserie, for instance, is to die for...(and since you can see only a small hint of it in the second photograph above, you'll just have to visit to see why it has such an impact on me!)

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Thank you so much Lady Leena for the kind words. I look forward to giving you a tour when we land it...:))

--
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
9 years ago
252 posts

Thank you Princess. If it were not for all the support from you and the rest of the admins, that had to pull the slack while I was completing this, it would never have come to fruition. Thank you for all you did to make this happen. Also, you are so correct about Twelfthnight and Crotian, both masters of multiple crafts. As this will be my last major build, I could not have asked for a better team to retire from.

--