Living History
Donate to LHVW

Pseudo survey: I will start a XVIII Century RP/Museum. Do you will visit/live?

Prince de Craon
@charles-juste-prince-de-beauveau-et-craon
12 years ago
47 posts

2020_discussions.jpg?width=750
Greetings!

Since two years ago I was experiencing about a alternative RP/Court out of SL. Why? Because SL is very expensive and I can't allow use my work created "in world" (SL) in other grids or my own standalone grid. Also, I don't like be considered like a sheep by the Lindens only because I don't pay 295 USD/Month, being a simple user and content creator.

Into Second Life, I only can get a small land, a homestead, surrounded by other neighbours of different theme, that option is not good for start a serious project, but respectable.

Then, I decided take place my RP in other grid, is not a new thing itself, but my main idea is offer quality content to attract players and friends, in addition, offer free apartments in the palace if you wish to be a roleplayer.

For now, I'm preparing modify costumes, carriages, a RP metter, and a hunting system. Is a long way, but the Palace will be visitable soon and could be possible start a small RP.

The cost for me will be 40 USD for one SIM using Kitely.com, it's better than 295 USD of SL, thinking that I'm student and can't spend this last amount.

Naturally, the community is here in SL, a good number of friends, the inventory, the events...However I hope meet brave people to be pionner of a different philosophy like this: less money and more space for creativity in a better technical environment.

Finally, if you has readed all this "block" (giggles), let me ask you: Could you join this RP alternating with SL or, at least, visit the place?

Sorry if perhaps I'm a little critic to speaking about SL, is only my opinion and, of course, is so valid like many others.

I will be grateful to your answer. Kind regards!

updated by @charles-juste-prince-de-beauveau-et-craon: 06 Oct 2016 06:16:28AM
Jean-Paul de Chiverny
@jean-paul-de-chiverny
12 years ago
10 posts

I would definitely come and visit this place, it looks cool and highly detailed! Perhaps if I was convinced I would consider coming over sometimes for RP also?:)

Aldo Stern
@aldo-stern
12 years ago
157 posts

Yes, I certainly would like to come visit, and look forward to hearing more about what you are planning, as well more details about your historical time frame, nationality, etc.

Ekaterina Vorontsova-Dashkova
@ekaterina-vorontsova-dashkova
12 years ago
300 posts

I will surely visit the palace! I love the feeling it gives in this picture <3333333

. . . Yes, Uncle, I think the same way. <Might think of sneaking away from Versailles to RP there> :P

Jean-Paul de Chiverny
@jean-paul-de-chiverny
12 years ago
10 posts

Yes, I would definitely like to hear more about the time frame and nationality of the Court too! That would be an the ultimate decider for me whether I return after my first inevitable visit.

Pierre Ceriano
@pierre-ceriano
12 years ago
23 posts

Greetings !

Sure let us know when you are ready for this new adventure ! As a follower of your work (via your blog), can't wait to see it in 3D :)

Pierre Ceriano

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
12 years ago
359 posts

I have no plans to move, though admittedly, SL costs do merit some concrete form of protest! However, I will certainly like to visit once your build is in place.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
12 years ago
264 posts

Oh I'd be happy to come and visit!! We do have to look at options, all of us wonder why the Labs keeps the full sim price at USD295. I am developing my personal homestead and just this week linked it to Victoire and Maximilian's Lumieres, it is a modest start.

Prince de Craon
12 years ago
47 posts

Thank you to all!!! Definitively I'm ready to prepare a stablishment and opening, was a long "project phase" and is time to build while I'm showing all to the public. Thank you again for your sincere and nice words, are the "elixir" for continue in this crazy idea.

Let me show you some screens in my Twitter page of the progress.

https://twitter.com/i/# !/MontnegreXVIII/media/grid

Kind regards!! :)))

Contessa Elena Marina Foscari
@contessa-elena-marina-foscari
12 years ago
49 posts

I work on other grids in RL so I am always very interested in what goes on elsewhere. I will therefore be very happy to visit your alternative grid and build. I greatly look forwards to it.

María Josefa de Zúñiga y Castro
@maria-josefa-de-zuniga-y-castro
12 years ago
2 posts

Oh, it is a gorgeous sim and set in my favorite historical era (if it's 18th century, if not, I will love it too). I would visit it for sure, I love visiting sims, alaces, living museums... I love histoy! well... now that I noticed, this place is the Palacio Real de La Granja de San Ildefonso, located inReal Sitio de San Ildefonso near Segovia if I am not wrong...

Well, the case is that all this has made me wonder one thing: Are you Spanish? Do you speak spanish? If not, don't worry, I will be pleased too.

Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
12 years ago
252 posts

Good luck on your project.

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Prince de Craon
12 years ago
47 posts

Yes, I was one of the oldest "owners" of the Spanish Court, between december 2008 and march 2010. However, my actual project is not a "national" court (this concept is part of the liberal revolution of 1776, 1789, 1830, etc) perhaps could be a new spanish court, but the characters can be foreign travellers, ambassadors, princes or adventurers. His languaje will be english (unless private conversations in another languajes) and his philosophy is offer a new RP and museum far of the highest prices of SL, where you are the owner of your creations and can move your work.

Will be a great pleasure for me open this place for you, thank you! :D

María Josefa de Borbón y Sajonia
@maria-josefa-de-borbon-y-sajonia
12 years ago
1 posts
Absolutely fabulous, I can say that I want to be able to visit the " Real sitio de la Granja de San Ildefonso ". In addition his direction, insurance that this project will have a great future!Kind Regards!
Craутon T. Cavιℓℓ
@celestin-gouffier-de-bonnivet
12 years ago
46 posts

I would surely visit the place .... and why not rp if the rp is interesting and creative.