Living History
Donate to LHVW

Devastation Strikes Languedoc Coeur East Coast

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Languedoc%20Storm%20Begins.jpg

The initial storm surges from the projected storm have struck the Languedoc Coeur east coast and devastated the coastline. Waves beating against the shore caused mudslides resulting in the destruction of one home and a dance pavilion. Trees all along the coast have been uprooted.

Beach Road was washed out and water reached as far inland as the science academy. One shop wall previously vacated by Varriale Designs was breached resulting in sand filling the store.Lightning continues to strike throughout the region resulting in fires and falling branches.

Read more if you dare at Devastation Strikes Languedoc Coeur East Coast

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 11 Jan 2017 01:48:49AM
Prince de Craon
@charles-juste-prince-de-beauveau-et-craon
11 years ago
47 posts

Devastation because SL don't let us to save our work. Opensim have a backup called .OAR for avoid situations like this. I love Languedoc. The marvellous Languedoc!!! Kind regards.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Don't fear, the Languedoc Coeur that we all know & loveis definitely backed up and safe.

Perhaps it will rise again one day but for now I wouldn't teleport into there without water wings on! Storm chasers should be quite impressed with the atmosphere :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
11 years ago
112 posts

Looks like someone had a lot of fun clearing away the old setup lol ;)

Lady Bluebird of Orkney
@lady-bluebird-of-orkney
11 years ago
81 posts

Amazing picture!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Waaay toooo much fun :))

So much fun that I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few more weather reports before the sun actually comes out again ;)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Isn't it! I don't know how Bedrich did it, waiting for just the right moment to catch that lightning strike.

Meanwhile, I'm cowering on high ground in the Petit Trianon. Thank goodness the roof doesn't leak.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Group Notice From: Les Amis du Coeur, Farzaneh Eel

Dear friends - oh my, a terrible storm is brewing in Languedoc Coeur, former home of the Bibliothque. Buildings are breaking apart and the area is flooded! Flying debris is everywhere.

Luckily the Bibliothque moved last week to Aquitaine Coeur Nord and we're safe and sound! Drop by our new location to browse our books and to survey the storm damage next door. Bring your umbrellas and beware of lightning!

Here's the new landmark: Bibliothque de Coeur

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Languedoc Coeur is changing but it's definitely not closing see Fresh Breeze Expected to become Hurricane .

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Languedoc%20Chateau%20And%20Science%20Academy%20Destroyed.jpg

Chateau Languedoc Collapses

The constant assault of high wind driven waves upon the eastern shore reached the canal overnight after breaking through the catacombs below the science academy. The building collapsed into a pile of rubble. The vicious pounding of the water against the southeast canal wall directly across from the science academy finally broke through, filling the caverns below the chateau.

Read More ...

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Science%20Academy%20Piano.jpg

Royal Academy des Sciences Memories

Several years ago, one of the duchy residentsoffered to perform some classical selections for our music program. On the day of the performance, this performer seemed reluctant to appear and arrived online at the last minute, causing our music director at the time, Baharat Atlas, to wonder if she should find a last minute backup.

Read More ...

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Warning to those intrepid Storm Chasers!!

I found out, the hard way, that the lightning actually tries to target you!!

Also, if it strikes a tree it will set it on fire and the branches will drop to the ground. Good thing Damage is disabled or Flat Rod & I really would have been flattened ;)

All this to say that a visit to Languedoc Coeur is a lot of fun so drop by while you still have a chance.

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

Poor Languedoc! So many fun events that have been there, it is a pity!

Quecay
@quecay
11 years ago
123 posts

It is heartbreaking!

I pray that such fierce storm dont reach my beloved Provence

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

It is a rather bitter-sweet moment in the history of the Coeurs.

I was a bit teary-eyed myself as I dragged Flat Rod to all my favourite Languedoc haunts to take one last picture.

On the bright side, the sun will come out soon to reveal a wonderful new configuration that retains all of the most important elements of the Duch :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

No need to worry, Quecay.

I've been casting my strongest protection spells over Provence Coeur and though we might get some debris floating up on the shoreline I'm certain it's going to come out of this unscathed.

When the storm finally moves on, I'm thinking we're going to have a fantastic ocean view :))

--
Skye Varriale
@skye-varriale
11 years ago
96 posts

Bedrich has done a great job with the devastation of Languedoc. It's sad to see the old place go but a new will rise! :)

Contessa Elena Marina Foscari
@contessa-elena-marina-foscari
11 years ago
49 posts

Why do all these things happen when I have a bad connection!!!!!!

I pray Aquitaine and Provence will remain untouched.......

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

Languedoc%20View%20From%20West%20Canal%20Gate.jpg

Rain Subsides, Lightning Continues

The rain from the Languedoc Coeur storm has finally eased, but the lightning continues to strike with a vengeance. Mudslides continue in various areas with the sediment then being washed out to sea.

The gates at the west and south ends of the canal were opened today after the storm surge abated.

Read more ...

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

I'm daring to hope that the worst is now over, Contessa.

I believe that Aquitaine and Provence have been spared.

In an ironic twist, it looks like the Tavern in Languedoc is the only building left standing. Have tolove those sturdy stone walls!

--
Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
11 years ago
358 posts

What an amazing idea and great photos, may she rise again soon :))

Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
11 years ago
359 posts

Of course, taverns have the advantage of being imbued with strong spirits.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

2504_discussions.png?width=721

The storm is over. The sun is shining. The birds are singing.

Languedoc Coeur begins again and it's already beautiful.

--
Quecay
@quecay
11 years ago
123 posts

After the storm comes the calm.

Now, we can enjoy a renewed Languedoc.

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,901 posts

This story continues on a happier noteat Languedoc Coeur Renaissance.

--