Market
Donate to LHVW

Chez Giroux - A New Start (meow)

Ekaterina Petrovna Shuvalova
@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

Bonjour!I am Christelle Giroux, a Couturire for the well to do Parisians. I learnt my trade when I apprenticed for Mademoiselle Pagelle, alongside Rose Bertin. After, I opened my own clothing shop, Chez Giroux. ( Or so my Bio says hehe - and for the other note, this was formally Madame Milneaux, MariaTheresa Milneaux - to why the former account doesn't exist and why I have started a new - verrrrrrrryyyy long andcomplicatedstory - Meow ). Anyways - Hi, here's my first release!

To be Clear, this Is (was, since the account has been deactivated) MariaTheresa Milneaux, aka Madame Milneaux.

This gown was created in imitation of the gown worn by the Princesse de Lamballe, in the 2006 movie 'Marie Antoinette' by Sofia Coppola. Its a cross between a Robe a la Francaise, and a Robe a l'Anglaise.

1688_discussions.jpg?width=600

Here is my Marketplace link ( since I haven't got a store yet ) -

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GC-Lamballe-Robe/3637554?id=3637554&slug=GC-Lamballe-Robe

Merci <3

updated by @countess-shuvalova: 06 Oct 2016 01:58:51PM
Rafaela de Palafox y Croy-Havre
@rafaela-de-palafox-y-croy-havre
12 years ago
33 posts

wonderul dress! congratulations!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
12 years ago
1,919 posts

Bonjour Christelle

I'm moving this to the Marketplace Category.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Mau Delarosa
@mau-delarosa
12 years ago
15 posts

Lovely dress Madame, unfortunately your new logo is terribly similar to ours and may create a bit of confusion.

Ekaterina Vorontsova-Dashkova
@ekaterina-vorontsova-dashkova
12 years ago
300 posts

Yeah, I think it's an Anglaise...

But it's still very pretty.

@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

Thank You!

@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

Merci, sorry I forgot!

@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

I understand, they aresimilar, but I don't think it will causeconfusion, but in any case, I plan to change mines down the line, this is sort of the 'first' version, of what I'm sure to be many more to come hehe.

@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

Meow Meow Cherie, Well the issue is, several gowns in the moviehavea mixed, 'hybrid' gown, based on historical models. I say its a cross between a Robe a la Francaise, and I a Robe a l'Anglaise, because it has simple sleeves, and no saque back, which hints of it being an Anglaise, however, it does have wide panniers, and comes in threepieces, which are features in myopinion, of a Francaise. Hence, I say its a Hybrid! Hehe.

@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

Same has stated for stormy, and thank you

@countess-shuvalova
12 years ago
209 posts

And thank you cherie, Kiss <3

Mau Delarosa
@mau-delarosa
12 years ago
15 posts

No problem, it's understandable, it's a nice typeface and our initials are the same in reverse :)

Joe Athenais
@joe-athenais
12 years ago
49 posts

Very lovely! :D