Market
Donate to LHVW

TTR French Ephemera: Paris et Poulet

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

Exposition Universelle (1889) ~ Eiffel Tower, Paris

I have just started reading Paris: The Novel by Edward Rutherford; amultigenerational saga that covers 700 years of the city's architecture, culture, society and history. Yes, I'm in for the long haul on this one and I'm going to enjoy every minute!

So far I've been introduced to Monsieur Eiffel as he is working on the Statue of Liberty . He believes thatthisimmense undertakingmay be the greatest achievement of his career but of coursewe know that the Eiffel Tower is still looming in his future. Don't you agree that one of the best things about historical novels is that, in many cases, you don't have to cheat andskip tothe end of the book to know what's coming up next!?

And so, having the Eiffel Tower on the brain, I wasexcited to come across a poster advertising the 1889 World Fair for which it was constructed.This beautiful piece of French Ephemera set me off on a delightful tangent.

Now Ephemera is defined as "any transitory written or printed matter not meant to be retained or preserved". French Ephemera is particularly lovely to my eyes and, apparently, those of many others, if you judge from its current popularity. Designs that were originallyintended to be transitory have not only survivedbut arenow thriving in new and unexpected applications. Inspired, Igrabbed my chance to join in onthe fun.

TatianaDokuchic-Louis+XVI+Poulet+Arm+Cha
Louis XVI "Poulet" Arm Chair ~ Blue

I started with the Louis XVI "Poulet" Arm Chair or the"Chicken Chair", as I affectionately think of it, using the classic lines of a Louis XVI chairas theperfect frame for the striking graphics. I paired the majestic rooster with wreaths of wheat on the seat, chair back (not shown) and arm rests. Sacks of grain have never looked so good!

Louis XVI "Poulet" Arm Chairs ~ Red & Black

Since I couldn't decide on one favourite colour, I included a colour selection menu allowing you to pick from black, red or blue detailing which is highlighted bythe white linen fabric. This meshchair comes with four adjustable poses (two for relaxing and two for dining)and has a Land Impact(LI)of 11.

Having satisfied my country cravings, Iwent fromchick to chic.

TatianaDokuchic-Louis+XVI+Paris+Arm+Chai
Louis XVI "Paris" Arm Chair ~ Red

The Louis XVI"Paris" Arm Chair uses watered silk fabricwith raised, gold thread embroidery to makeits statement.Second Life seamstresses were busy sewing the Paris logo on both the front & back of the chair backand the wreath on the seat.

TatianaDokuchic-Louis+XVI+Paris+Arm+Chai
Louis XVI "Paris" Arm Chairs ~ Six Colours

I used six bright, jewel tonesreminiscent of a display of French Macaroons (if it wasn't for the copyright issues my nextchairshould really use the Ladure logo). This meshchairhas four adjustable poses (two for relaxing and two for dining)and a LIof 11.

Both chairs are available in either "Copy" or "Transfer" versions from the Second Life Marketplace (see textual links) or my store inworld. You can modify both of them.
French+Fashion+Plate+1778.jpg

French Fashion Plate 1778

And so ends my first foray into French Ephemera via Second Life. I'm sure it won't be my last as I'm absolutely enchanted with the idea.After all, what can be more ephemeral than virtual furniture!

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 18 Jan 2017 06:29:48PM
Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
11 years ago
204 posts

Your creativity is bar none Tatiana !! Fabulous !!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

Thanks, Candace :)

I've been having a great time working with these "ageless" designs. Funny to think that they were originally intended to be throwaways. On the downside, every time I see that rooster I want to cluck like a chicken and I'm starting to annoy the family - lol.

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Lady Hartfield
@lady-hartfield
11 years ago
264 posts

Phew ... so glad I'm not the only one who does that ... :D

Candace Ducatillon
@candace-ducatillon
11 years ago
204 posts

Oh my gosh but that is too funny ..!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

Hehehe ... have you ever seen the episode of "Bones" where Dr. Saroyan says that she was hypnotised onceso that whensomeone said "coffee" she clucked?

She claims to have gotten overthis but still seems to cluck involuntarily. I was looking for a video clip but couldn't find one. Too funny & just how I feel when I look at those "chicken" chairs :)

--
MarieLouise Harcourt
@marielouise-harcourt
11 years ago
647 posts

These are so colorful, I like a lot!

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
11 years ago
358 posts

Really beautiful :))

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
11 years ago
1,902 posts

Thank you for taking a look & for the kind words, ladies :)

--