Market
Donate to LHVW

Tatiana's Tea Room: Setting up Shop on the Kitely Market

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

I'm delighted to announce the latest online location of Tatiana's Tea Room on the Kitely Market!

I've been busy setting up shop and porting products over from my main store in Second Life. Everything sold from this location will be marked as Export allowing purchases to be transfer to their owners in other grids.

It really is exciting to be plugged into the Hypergrid!

Needless to say, it's going to take a while before I really feel established but I feel I'm off to an excellent start. Though there's still a lot to learn, I found the Kitely Market very easy to use and I absolutely love the option of creating product variations.

Kudos to the Kitely team for making merchandise setup so painless.

Have you made the jump to the Kitely Market? How did it go? I'm really interested in hearing your stories, tips & tricks. As a newbie I could really use all the advice I can get.

Originally published as Tatiana's Tea Room: Setting up Shop on the Kitely Market

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site

updated by @tatiana-dokuchic: 05 Jan 2017 04:40:31PM
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
8 years ago
252 posts

/me jumps up and down...!!! Yay....I am so happy you have moved over...i could so use so much of your stuff over in Kitely. I too have found kitely to be a great market, the people are friendly and the prices are wonderful.

Welcome Tatiana...if you need anything at at all, just message me. *huggs*

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

Yey - Welcome to the hood! I am also there too because it is so much easier to list stuff there. Its called l'Orangerie . Have to say overall I am loving Kitely because of land impact and the sim prices there also.

Lady Leena Fandango
@lady-leena-fandango
8 years ago
358 posts

Congratulations Tatiana! Beautiful items :D

wiseboyqc
@louis-francis-de-beauharnois
8 years ago
34 posts
Awesome news and congratulations for your move! Did you make a venue store in Kitely? It is so great to get more and more talented people with period furniture on Kitely :D For your question I may not be able to assist you a lot as I have not open a store yet but I see on your picture you are to move your nice tea set and script in Kitely are sometime different (like there is no temporaryAttach...) so if you need any help on script or else Im me inworld ;). Best for success my dear with your new store.
Jacon Cortes
@jacon-cortes-de-bexar
8 years ago
252 posts

Greetings, as I am so excited that Tatiana is moving into Kitely, I would like it invite others to visit open sim. I have my store as well and I am creating an extension of Antiquity in Kitely. Antiquity Kitely will serve as an branch of Antiquity, hoping to reach a whole new set of possible role players and history enthusiasts.

Anyone that needs any help in kitely, please let me know and remember, shop from Tatiana, we now have her impeccable work in open sim....:))

I am Jacon Cortes in Kitely as well....:)) Hope to see you there.

--
His Royal Highness Jacon Cortes de Bexar Prince of Antiquity, Duke of Cumberland, Duque de Bexar, Duc de la Valliere, Marchese di MSB
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

/jumps up and down with you

I'm happy too, Jacon! Of course you know that it was your idea (so long ago) that got me started thinking about making this move. Many thanks for your encouragement & offers of help. I'll certainly be in touch :)

--
Proprietress of Tatiana's Tea Room ~ Owner of the Provence Coeur Estate ~ Webmistress of this site
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Thank you, Claire-Sophie! Thanks for the store link, it's a wonderful one :)

Yes, the listing is really a lot easier plus they have VARIATIONS. Can't say how much I love that feature.

If you have any good leads on clothes, skins, hair etc.please pass them along. Right now I look like the survivor of a nasty ship wreck!

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Thank you, Leena :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Merci beaucoup, Louis-Francis! I've seen Kitely through your eyes (via posts & pictures here) and find it most appealing. Looking forward to see your builds.

I don't have an inworld store yet as I want to transfer more merchandise over before I begin. I'm just getting my feet wet now.

I'll definitely be contacting you about scripts. Right now I've started with non-scripted items but plan to get more adventurous as I go.

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Your plans for Antiquity are really inspiring, Jacon. Looking forward to hearing all the updates.

--
Claire-Sophie de Rocoulle
@claire-sophie-de-rocoulle
8 years ago
112 posts

I haven't tried variations yet.

I just listed my first ladies gown after putting it off for months because I have to say I really really dont like listing stuff on any MP - it makes me wanna pull my hair out -_- What made this one particularly hair pulling was blank textures on the object. It looks like it doesn't allow you to list any object that might have a blank texture or a missing one if you forget to put one on any surface after using local textures. I had to recheck repack it several times to find out where the blank ones were and fix them.

That is a bit different from SL. Usually in SL I keep surfaces that wont be seen by anyone blank - probably in the mistaken belief this will help with loading. But it looks like in Kitely you can't do this and put the item for sale.

Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

Fantastic, Tatiana!

Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Thanks, Lorsange :)

--
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Variations are absolutely wonderful. I never bothered to list individual items of a set on the SLM because it's just too much work but on Kitely it's really easy.

The gown is lovely! I'm so glad you got it working and up on the market.

Interesting point about the blank textures. Thanks for the tip.

--
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
8 years ago
359 posts

Motivation to spend more time (and money!) in Kitely, where both primmage and cash go further!

I will have to talk Jacon or Crotian (or some other skilled builder) into creating a single-family Rococo or Regency home for the Kitely market, to go with the new furnishing possibilities you'll be bringing over, Tatiana.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

So many exciting possibilities, Tiamat!

--
Lorsagne de Sade
@lorsagne-de-sade
8 years ago
313 posts

I have had an account (and some land, I think) in Kitely for a couple of years . . . it is time I made a trip for real! My hesitation has always been my poor building skills which would preclude me doing anything much. But now, there are you guys! Woohoo!!!

See you in Kitely.

Marie-Henriette de Bregonis
@marie-henriette-de-bregonis
8 years ago
12 posts
How exciting! I am finally pushing to finish a basic mesh gown that will be offered at Kingdom of Florin for free... AO textures for this gown will be packed as well so new role players can have a base to build a wardrobe. I have land now in Kitely as well.. Just to play around on but I hope more will join for RP. I want to encourage anyone that knows skin texturing to please offer some skin options! You will make a killing lol. I have a mesh head I've made but I don't have the time to devote to texturing it properly. Looking forward to playing with everyone!
Tatiana Dokuchic
@tatiana-dokuchic
8 years ago
1,895 posts

Sounds like an excellent addition for my Kitely wardrobe.

I definitely agree about the skins. I looked at buying one but in the end quickly put together one of my own. I do miss my SL look.

--
Tiamat Windstorm von Hirvi
@tiamat-windstorm-von-hirvi
8 years ago
359 posts

Yes. Both the hair and the skin I have in Kitely just aren't quite Tiamat, although of course I was able to apply the exact parameters for the shape, which helped.

I wish Linden Lab would realize that in the long run, they would be doing themselves a favour by allowing some exportability mechanisms, thereby looking as though they actually do have some interest in serving their subscribers. After all, they know who their premium members are, and it is NOT a breach of any real copyright laws for a person to give an item to him or her self. If we all find ourselves gravitating more and more to open sims that use essentially the same technologies, it will be LL's ultimate loss. I think they are counting too much on people's desire not to abandon existing inventories - a motivation, but only to a point.

--
Antiquity Hedgewitch